It looked great when you preview the pictures on SD card. However, it was quite different after you connected your SD card with your Mac, because there was nothing at all?
It is the scenario many people have encountered after they connected the SD card with their Macs. It’s not the problem of SD card not show on Mac, but all the pictures on SD card not showing on Mac at all. What happened? There must be some problems with your Mac or SD card. You must recover the pictures as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will lose them permanently. After the pictures’ recovery, find the right issue with your SD card and fix it quickly. Check out the detailed steps below.
Part 1. Recover Pictures When They Are Not Showing in SD Card on Mac
When photos on SD card not showing on Mac, you can prevent a permanent loss by recovering them without any further delay. How can the missing pictures can be recovered, since you can’t see they anywhere on the SD card? Don’t worry! You need the help of a professional data recovery software tool.
No matter how the pictures on SD card not showing, once they were there, then you can try to recover them. Any type of file on a storage device, like SD card, is still there whether it has been deleted or removed after formatting or device factory reset, until it is replaced by new data. What does it mean? All lost or deleted files on a storage device are not permanently deleted if the deletion is not carried out by a file shredder and they’re there until been overwritten by new data. In this case, you have the chance to recover the files you want in a short period of time after the deletion.
iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac is a trustworthy solution for recovering data on Mac internal disks, connected external hard drives, covering SD cards, micro memory cards, USB flash drives, and more. It’s very helpful after you see pictures and photos not showing on SD card on Mac. You can install it on your Mac, letting it scan your SD card to look for all the pictures missing there. The data recovery software for Mac will display all the recoverable pictures and photos from the SD card, letting you recover the ones you need. Here in the following are the simple steps for how to use the software to scan for pictures not showing on SD card of your Mac.
- iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac is free to download. It’s enough for you to retrieve photos from SD card on Mac. Download and install it on your Mac.
- Keep the SD card from where all the pictures not showing connected with your Mac. After then, launch the Mac data recovery software. From the first window, iBatsoft will display all Mac's partitions along with the inserted SD card. Choose the SD card and click the "Scan" button. The program will begin scanning the SD card for the pictures.
- After scanning, iBatsoft will display the recoverable photos from the SD card arranged in an order. You can select a file to view its content in the preview window. Based on the importance, you can choose the necessary files or all the files and press the "Save" button. Pick a folder on the Mac to save the files.
Please do not save the found pictures to your SD card again. It might cause data loss again. Just save the recovered pictures on your Mac.
Part 2. Other 5 Ways to Fix "Pictures on SD card not showing on Mac"
Method 1. Use a Different SD Adapter
If pictures on SD card not showing on mac, then it is time to use an external adapter. If you are already using one and still facing the problem, try to use a different SD card adapter. If you are using an old adapter, it is time to change it because it may not support the new SD cards. If you can see the pictures in a camera, then change the adapter. If the problem persists, continue to the following method.
Method 2. Use Another Mac
If SD card not showing pictures on mac, then try the card on a different Mac. If you are unable to see the photos in the other Mac, then the SD is corrupted. If you can see the images in the other Mac, then there is a problem with your Mac.
Method 3. Enable Hidden Files Using Terminal
- Launch the Terminal app that is in the Utilities section in the Applications.
- Enter the commands listed below and hit the "Enter" key after each code. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the command lines.
- defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
- killall Finder
Method 4. Update SD Card Driver on Mac
Even after working with the above solutions, if the photos on SD card not showing on mac, then trying to update the SD card driver may fix the issue. Although Mac automatically updates the software, at times, a few updates can cause problems. Updating the SD card driver is essential to ensure that Mac recognizes SD cards and other external hard drives without any problem. The following are the steps to update the driver on Mac.
- If you are using macOS Mojave, then select "System Preferences" from the Apple menu.
- From the menu, select "Software Update" to see if there are any available updates. Click "Update Now" to allow macOS to download and install the available updates.
- If you are using earlier versions of macOS, launch the App Store and click the "Update" tab. Click on the "Update All" button.
- Restart the Mac and see if the procedure helped.
Method 5. Format SD Card on Mac
Formatting the SD card on Mac using the Disk Utility will help you fix the problem of files losing, missing or disappearing on SD card on Mac. The steps are as follows.
- Launch Disk Utility from the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.
- From the sidebar, highlight the SD card and press the "Erase" option from the toolbar at the top.
- In the following screen, you can provide details such as name, format, and scheme. For SD cards, ExFAT and MS-DOS(FAT) file system are preferable. You can select the according to the capacity of the SD card. For the scheme, choose either GUID Partition Table or MBR (Master Boot Record).
- You can set security options if you like to erase the contents securely. Use the slider to select the number of times you want to overwrite the data.
- Press the “Erase” button to allow Mac to format the SD card.