The USB flash drives are one of the best portable storage devices available in the market. Since its inception back in the 2000s, the usage of USB flash drives has risen tremendously. No doubt they are very lightweight, compact, and reliable than traditional Hard drives. USB flash drives are solid-state drives, and they don't feature any moving parts contrary to hard drives. No moving parts mean a higher life cycle and less chance of getting failed.
But just like all other electronic storage device USB flash drives are prone to data losses. The reason could be anything: it might be a drive getting corrupted, infected with a virus, accidental deletion. No matter what the reason is, facing the dilemma of losing files is a very disappointing thing. In case you have lost or deleted files from your USB drive it's not the endgame. With technological advancements, it is possible to restore deleted files from USB on Mac.
In my knowledge, there are mainly two possible options for how to recover files from USB drive on Mac, namely get back deleted files from flash drive without software on Mac or makes use of data recovery software for Mac. There is data recovery software available in the market e.g., iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac that lets you retrieve deleted files from USB on Mac easily. So now you have got a hope that you will get your files back. Keep reading this article I will explain both ways you can recover deleted files from a USB flash drive on Mac.
Before I go jump into explaining both the ways I just mentioned above here is an important note for all of you guys. As soon as you deleted files from your USB flash drive only to later realize that you should not have done that. The best thing you could do to find the files is stopped using the flash drive immediately.
You may ask why so, it is because when we delete something from storage devices it starts showing the space as available for the new Data. But in the system, the deleted files still present until we override the deleted files. Now you have a valid reason why you should stop using the flash drive from which you want to get data back.
How to Recover Deleted Files from Flash Drive without Software on Mac
We should be thankful to the person who added Recycle Bin feature to our computers. We can't remember how often it saves our life by letting recover deleted files. The recycle bin can help you in recovering deleted files from a USB flash drive without software on Mac.
The only condition is your flash drive needs to connect with your Mac when you press the Command Delete button. In case it is yes from you chances are the deleted files will still be available in recycle bin. Follow the below steps to restore deleted files from the trash bin.
- Open Dock on your Mac computer.
- You will find the recycle box on the far-right side tap on it to open.
- Check all the files you have in the recycle bin. If you find the files you have lost from your USB flash drive.
- Select those files and right-click to open the context menu. Among the options tap on Put Back. The files will be recovered from Trash Bin to the exact same folder they were in your flash drive.
How to Recover Files from USB Drive on Mac with Mac Data Recovery
The above-mentioned method works just fine if you deleted a file by dragging and dropping to the trash bin. But what if you were too aggressive and pressed emptied the recycle bin? In that situation, the files will not be kept in recycle bin and deleted permanently. For you, the only solution left is using data recovery software to recover permanently deleted files on Mac.
The USB recovery market is flooded with a lot of options. I have tested almost every data recovery software available in the market for Mac. The one I personally use and recommend to all of you is iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac. The reason is very simple it is easy to use, and works on almost every USB flash drive you might have. Follow the below steps to recover deleted files from a USB flash drive on Mac using iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- Visit this link to download iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac on your Mac. Click on Free download to download the file. Once you have done that double click on the downloaded .dmg file to install it on your Mac.
- So, by now iBatsoft will be ready to run on your Mac. Now go ahead and connect the USB flash drive from which you want to get back the data. Once done start the iBatsoft flash drive recovery software on your Mac.
- On the next screen you will be asked to select the location from where you want to find the data. As in our case for retrieve files from flash drive mac, it will be a USB flash drive to select the drive correctly.
- Right after you select the file location a scan process will take place. Depending on the size of your USB flash drive it will take a few minutes to show the founded files. Once it's done go through all the files that are founded in the scan. Lastly, select all the files that you want to recover and tap on the Save button.
Yes, it's that easy to recover deleted files from USB on Mac using iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac. Just a few simple steps and you got your files back. Now when you have seen the actual steps required for recovery. I would like to shed a light on the top features of iBatsoft. If you are still not convinced with me must read these features.
USB Recovery Software for Mac – Recover Files Deleted on USB Flash Drive
When it comes to recovering deleted files from a USB flash drive on Mac there are dozens of software making noise to be the best. But as you have seen above there is no competition against iBatsoft. It is very simple but features everything one should look for in a USB recovery software for Mac. For all the guys here are the five best features of iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac. I bet you will like these features for sure.
- Supports all kinds of USB drives: When it comes to USB drives there are many options in the market. We have brands like Samsung, SanDisk, Kingston, PNY, Lexar, etc. So many options mean everyone owning a flash drive for a different brand. But not the case with recovery software. The iBatsoft supports all kinds of USB drives from different brands.
- Recover any file types: We all save all sorts of different files on our USB flash drives. The file type may be an image, videos, PDFs, Word Document, PPT, and much more. So when It will come to get back those files it is a must for a USB Recovery Software for Mac to recover any files types. Needless to say, iBatsoft fulfils this.
- Recovery from any possible loss: There might be so many possible reasons for losing files from a USB flash drive. It could be as basic as you deleted the file at the same time it can be complexed as a formatted flash drive, erased, or just displays as RAW. On some occasions, it flashes drives also show media error or just inaccessible. iBatsoft can find from just any possible loss.
- Support Multiple Operating Systems: Although we are looking at USB Recovery Software for Mac only the iBatsoft is not limited to just Mac. It is a cross-platform software it means you can use it on Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista too. So, if you don't have a Mac computer and lost your files this feature will come in handy.
- Two modes: iBatsoft has two different modes are they first Quick Scan and second Deep scan. The Quick Scan saves time whereas Deep Scan provides more in-depth recovery of deleted files. Now it's all up to you if you are in a real hurry then try the quick scan mode and in case you want more in-depth recovery then to try Deep Scan.
So, this is how you can recover deleted files from a USB flash drive on Mac. I have provided two ways you can recover the deleted files. Either go to bin and if the deleted files are present there select them and tap on Put Back to get them back. In case you didn't see the files in recycle bin use the iBatsoft Data Recovery software for Mac. By using this software, you will easily be able to restore files. What are your thoughts about the two ways I have mentioned in this article? Are you able to recover files? Let us know in the comments.