Mac could be many people’s favorites for work and study. Compared with Windows PC, Mac is slim, the built-in apps are cool to use with many awesome features. However, users also need to face the fact that data are lost due to intentional or unintentional deletion, macOS crash, system errors, or the internal hard drive is full which result in data transfer process failed and data lost. And what’s more, people get files deleted from external hard drives and want to get back files and they have to do it on Mac. That’s the reason why a hard disk recovery tool for Mac is a must.
- Table of contents
- Hard Disk Recovery Tool for Mac Summary
- How to Recover HDD Data on Mac
- Benefits from Hard Disk Recovery Software for Mac
Part 1. Hard Disk Recovery Tool for Mac Summary
Hard Disc Recovery Software for Mac Free Download
- Restore all daily used file types, covering pictures, videos, audio files, documents and more.
- Retrieve files not only from Mac internal hard drives, but also devices can be connected with Mac, like USB flash drives, cameras, CF cards, SD cards, phone micro SD cards, and more.
- Recover files lost in different scenarios, deletion, hard drive formatting, macOS system crash, macOS update, reset to factor settings, etc.
- Fully compatible with macOS, the latest macOS 12 Monterey, former macOS 11 Big Sure and old ones.
Part 2. How to Restore HDD Data on Mac with the Best HDD Recovery Software for Mac
Step 1. Download the hard disk recovery tool on Mac. Install the setup dmg file according to the built-in instructions. If you want to recover data from an external hard drive on Mac, please connect it with your Mac first.
Step 2. Launch the hard disk recovery tool for Mac. After then you need to choose the location which you want to scan. After choosing the location, click on the "Scan" button and it will start the scanning process. Don’t close the program during this scanning process neither shut down your computer as well. Just let it finish the whole scanning.
Step 3. On completing the scan, a list of all the findings will be displayed on the left pane of the tool, and all the files will be sorted and organized according to their file type and format. You can preview the data as well before saving them to your Mac as this will save your disk space and never save the data from where it is recovered. After then, click "Save" to recover permanently deleted files on Mac.
This process may take some time, if you are doing the Ultra Scan it will take longer compared to a quick scan. The Ultra Scan option is available at the result window. If you’re not content with the scanning result, try Ultra Scan.
Part 3. Benefits from Hard Disk Recovery Software for Mac
* Multiple File Types Support
The hard disc recovery software mac is not limited to only one file type of data recovery, instead you can find almost all kinds of files that are used on Mac all around the globe such as video, images, audio, and documents, etc.
- It supports the following format in mages such as JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, etc.
- It supports multiple video formats such as AVI, MOV, MP4, 3GP, etc.
- Many audio formats are supported as well such as AIF, M4A, MP3, WAV, etc.
- DOC, XLS, PPT, and PDF are supported.
- ZIP, RAR, SIT and ARJ document can be recovered on Mac computers.
- Besides these, there are other formats are supported such as EXE, EML, DMG, PKG, etc.
* HDD Files System Support
The HDD recovery software mac has the capability to support the HDD file systems on macOS. All the latest file systems of the latest macOS support. HHD files system is a different file system that’s used on macOS, the software can fully compatible with HDD file system.
Besides, it supports external hard drives in different file system as well, HFS+, APFS, exFAT,
* Recover Files Lost in Different Scenarios
The Hard drive recovery for Mac supports a lot of data loss scenarios and is not limited to only deletion. It almost supports all the scenarios of data loss such as:
- Mac Disk Recovery like retrieving lost or deleted files on Mac due to hidden inaccessibility, re-partition, volume loss or deletion, etc.
- Recover data from an emptied trash and you will get files that were even deleted from the trash on Mac.
- Formatted Drive Recovery: You can recover data from formatted SD cards, external drives, USB drives, etc.
- Get back files that were deleted with the delete “command + delete as well.
- Find files trapped in raw hard drives.
* Two Scan Modes
The hard drive recovery for mac offers two scanning modes and is known as Quick Scan and Ultra Scan. Quick Scan performs a fast scan and it doesn’t take much time while on the other hand Ultra Scan takes some time but it finds the files that quick scan wasn’t able to get. If you have used a quick scan and haven’t recovered any fine on Mac, then perform a Ultra Scan it will do the rest for you.
Since Apple has provide a backup and restore feature for Mac users, namely Time Machine, that Apple doesn’t allow any such third-party HDD recovery tool for Mac officially available on App Store. It doesn’t matter, you can get the software as well by download it from here.