Deleting files is often done on purpose but sometimes, it is done accidentally. Interestingly, whether you delete a file on purpose or accidentally, instead of pressing the Delete button, you may get it done with Shift +Delete. And what’s worse, you still want to recover the file.
If you simply use the "Delete" button to delete a file, it goes to the Recycle Bin. You can easily go to the Recycle Bin to get back the file. However, if you use the "shift+delete files" method to delete files, the files will be deleted from the folder and would not drop in the Recycle Bin. This means that if you go to the Recycle Bin to look for it, you would not see it. However, this does not mean that the file is gone permanently and irrecoverable. You can use a Windows shift delete recovery software tool to recover deleted files after Shift Delete.
Part 1. Is it Possible to Restore Shift Delete Files?
If you are wondering about how to recover deleted files in Windows 7/10/11 after shift delete, you can relax. You’re able to find files that you delete with "Shift Delete". As mentioned earlier, files do not get wiped out immediately after you delete them from your computer. The operating system stores the data for a specific period but you would be unable to see them. However, they can still be recovered with data recovery software until they are overwritten on the hard drive.
Part 2. Top Ways to Recover Shift Deleted Files in Windows 7/10/8/11
We have mentioned that you can retrieve shift delete Windows 10 with a data recovery tool. Well, what if we tell you that shift delete file recovery without software is also possible? There are different ways you can find deleted files in Windows 7/10/8/11. In this section, we will look at the top ways you can do this.
Method 1. How to Recover Deleted Files in Windows after Shift Delete with File History
Recovering deleted files from File History is only possible for Windows 11/10/8. It is a new feature that was introduced into Windows 8 and later systems for undoing some changes you make on your computer. Below are the simple steps to undelete shift delete Windows 10 from File History.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ into the Search Bar and select the right option.
- Navigate to ‘System and Security’ and locate ‘File History’
- Select ‘Restore Personal Files’ in the next interface and choose the folder that has the permanently deleted file.
- Locate the file that you want and click on the green icon below the page to restore the file.
With this, you can carry out shift delete recovery without software. You must have the File History feature turned on to use it. If you do not have them turned on, you can follow the steps below.
- Open settings
- Click Update and Security and then Backup
- Click Back up using File History
When it is turned on, Windows will consistently back up all files on your PC automatically. With this, you can recover permanently deleted files on your system.
Method 2. How to Get Back Shift Deleted Files in Windows with the Previous Version
This is another great way to perform shift delete file recovery in Windows without using any external tool. This requires that you restore the previous version of your PC to restore the lost files. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Navigate to the directory of the folder where you originally saved the deleted file.
- Right-click on the folder. Next, click the "Restore Previous Versions" and check to see if any restorable versions are shown.
- Select a version that you want and then click the "Restore" button. This will restore the deleted files. However, it should be noted that this method does not work for all folders. Additionally, system protection must be enabled before you perform the recovery process.
Method 3. How to Do Shift Deleted Recovery in Windows with Software
The first two methods can be helpful in recovery permanently deleted files without using any software. However, if none of them works, you have to use a data recovery tool. We recommend the iBatsoft Data Recovery tool as the best choice to consider. It is all-inclusive shift delete recovery software that is 100% safe. It can also recover data from SD cards, RAW drives, HDD.SSD, USB drives, and other storage devices.
Your Best Shift Delete Recovery Software
- Restore deleted files from internal memory disc as well as other storage drives, including digital devices, memory cards, removable drives, hard drives, and other drives.
- Recover formatted drives, including USB drives, SD cards, and hard drives
- Get Back files caused by wrong operations, including system upgrade/reinstallation and drive displays, among others.
- Recover file lost/deletion caused by virus attacks, system/software/hard drive crash, or Windows reinstall.
Step-by-step Guide on How to Recover Shift Deleted Files with iBatsoft Data Recovery
- Launch the data recovery software and browse through the generated list and choose the location to find or scan for the data and click "Scan".
- Preview and find the lost files by clicking the "Save" button. If after the ‘Quick Scan’, you need to do a further search, you can use the "Ultra Scan" feature. Click on the button to find more data from your system.
Part 3. 4 Tips on How to Do Shift Delete File Recovery with Better Result
It is important to take steps to recover deleted files immediately after you notice that you have accidentally deleted some files. We recommend that you do not use your Windows PC after the deletion until you recover the lost files to avoid data overwritten.
If you use your PC, there is a high chance that when you save another document, it will overwrite the deleted files and it becomes impossible to recover them. Here are four tips on how to perform shift delete file recovery with a better result.
- 1. Do not panic when you discover you have mistakenly deleted important files. Also, do not shut down your PC just yet. Try to recover the files first.
- 2. While trying to recover the files, do not work or save any file on the system.
- 3. Use the first two ctrl shift delete Windows recovery methods to see if you can recover the deleted files.
- 4. If none of the two works, use the iBatsoft Data Recovery tool to recover the lost data.
You can recover permanently deleted files on your Windows PC with the right method. This post has looked at three different methods that you can use to recover documents. As mentioned, the first method would only work for Windows 8 or later.
This means that if you use Windows 7, the only option you have for shift delete video recovery is to either use the Restore Previous Versions option or the iBatsoft Data Recovery tool. If none of the first two methods work in any case, you can be sure that the last method will help to restore all deleted files from your device.