Videos have become a great way to save information overtime. Losing them may be a great handicap as these videos may contain very important information for example it can be a recorded zoom meeting, a souvenir of an event, or a downloaded webinar among others. If you have accidentally deleted your important video(s) on Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 and want to get them back then you found the right article because in this article, you will learn about the 4 different ways in which you can recover permanently deleted videos on any windows be it Windows PC.
Note: A very important note is that when you accidentally delete your videos from your computer, you should not install anything on the hard drive from which you want to find the videos. This is because the deleted videos have a file structure that permits their reconstruction after deletion during the recovery process and if any modification is done to the disk after deletion, this structure may be overwritten and therefore destroyed and as such, the videos will not be recovered during the recovery process.
- Table of contents
- Part 1. How to Restore Deleted Videos from Recycle Bin
- Part 2. How to Retrieve Permanently Deleted Video File from the "Previous version"
- Part 3. How to Find Deleted Videos by File History
- Part 4. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Videos with Data Recovery Software
Part 1. How to Restore Deleted Videos from Recycle Bin
The first thing to do when you accidentally delete your video is to check the recycle bin. When a file is deleted on Windows, it is first sent to the recycle bin for temporal storage before it can be deleted further and erased from the hard drive. This gives you a second chance of retrieving your data.
NOTE: This happens only to files that have been deleted from within the hard drive. Files deleted from an external hard drive do not go to the recycle bin. So make sure the deleted video was deleted from an internal hard drive to use this method.
- Navigate through your computer screen, find the recycle bin file, and double click on it to open it.
- Then, find the accidentally deleted videos in the recycle bin.
- Once you find it, right-click on the video, and from the drop-down menu, click on the "Restore" option so as to retrieve the video.
- As soon as this is done, your important videos will then be recovered and sent back to the location where it was before being deleted.
Part 2. How to Retrieve Permanently Deleted Video File from the "Previous version"
This method involves recovering your deleted videos from the folder in which they were located before the accidental deletion by restoring a previous version of the folder. Before using this method, it is important to note that this method will only work if you have been performing regular backups or to the very least you have performed a very recent backup of the folder when the videos were still present in the computer. These backups are made by setting up File History to backup files automatically. This method works on the principles of restoring a backup file and will help you recover your accidentally deleted videos if you have recent backup files which contained the videos.
If you had carried out any backups, then you can proceed with the following steps to recover permanently deleted videos on windows 11/10/7/8/8.1 for free.
- Go to the folders that contained the accidentally deleted videos and right-click on it.
- Go through the drop-down menu and click on "Restore Previous versions"
- In the window that comes up, choose the version of the folder which you are sure contained the deleted videos, and then select what you need and click on "Restore".
Part 3. How to Find Deleted Videos by File History
Window PC permits you to create backup files through an in-built feature which is known as the "System and Security" utility. This means you can retrieve permanently deleted videos on your Windows 11/10/8/7 if you had created a recent file history. This method is one of the best because it is easy to use, free and doesn’t require the use of special software.
If you have recently made a backup of your videos, you can proceed with this method using the following steps;
- Click on the Start button and open the Control panel. Alternatively, you can type "Control Panel" in the search.
- Continue the procedure by clicking on System and Security. Then click on Restore your files withe file history.
- Select the backup of the videos and save it to a new folder.
The two methods above show the importance of performing regular backups of your system and or to the very least backing up your important information. This should permit you to start backing up your files if you didn’t do that before now.
Part 4. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Videos with Data Recovery Software
If you have tried all the above methods and you were still unable to retrieve your accidentally deleted videos then the last method (Which is the surest method of recovering your permanently video files) is by using professional file recovery software. If you want to go through with this method then the video recovery software will save you time. The iBatsoft Data Recovery is that has proven itself and ranks amongst the best if not the best software for data recovery with a 4.7 rating from Trust Score by 1683 users. Compatible with different operating systems, iBatsoft Data Recovery can help you get back data on your Windows no matter the cause of your data loss. Also, this software is compatible with many different file types (so you are reassured you can recover permanently video files even if they are not the common mp4 file type videos) as well as many different types of the disk be it HDD or SSD.
iBatsoft Data Recovery is simple to use and makes it possible for you to restore your deleted videos by scanning in just three steps.
- Download the application from the official website and install it on a different hard drive from that which contained the deleted videos.
- Open the software and select the scanning location. This should be the hard drive in which the accidentally deleted videos were found. Click the "Scan" button beside it.
- Finally, you can start the recovery process. By default, a quick scan will be performed on the hard drive and a list of recovered files will be displayed from the app. Preview the files that were found by the software and try finding your videos. If you do not find them, perform a ultimate scan. This is a more intense search and can find the videos if the quick scan didn’t but it takes more time than a quick scan. Once the ultra scan is completed, you can then preview the files that were found and select the videos you want to recover, and click on "Save".