"Can a deleted PST file be recovered? I accidentally deleted my Outlook PST file from the Outlook folder C:\Users\Name\Documents\Outlook Files. How do I recover the file in order to recover some emails? I have some important emails there."
PST file is automatically created by Outlook. It is used to store Outlook account data, covering emails, events, emails, attachments, calendars, contacts, and more. If it is deleted accidentally from the Outlook folder, then the Outlook account data is lost which will result in error messages after you launch Outlook.
There are two answers to how to recover permanently deleted PST files. One is using software to restore deleted PST files. It requires you to make use of the deleted PST file recovery tool the moment you find you have deleted PST files. It can’t 100% get back the deleted PST files. The sooner do recovery, the better result you will get. And another is restoring the PST folder to the previous version if there is any restore point available. Here in the following, let’s learn the details.
- Table of contents
- Part 1. Deleted PST File Recovery Software Free Download – Get Deleted PST File Back
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted PST Files from PC Manually
Part 1. Deleted PST File Recovery Software Free Download – Get Deleted PST File Back
Since there are thousands of people deleting or losing files from computers, data recovery software is developed for users to find permanently deleted files. It is the same to restore PST files. If you deleted PST files from your PC, you can try the software to recover deleted PST files as well.
iBatsoft Data Recovery is one of the file recovery software tools to scan lost or deleted PST files. Was it free? No. However, before you pay for it, you can try the free trial version to scan your computer, checking whether it can find the deleted PST files or not. If it displayed the deleted PST files for you, then it means you can recover the PST files with the software. After then you can upgrade to the full version to do the PST data recovery task. It’s an almighty data recovery software tool to retrieve deleted PST files in Windows 11/10/7.
Best Software to Recover Deleted PST Files
- Default Scan Mode ensures you can looking for the deleted PST files quickly.
- Ultra Scan Mode scans deeply for the lost files, even the files with part of file properties erased.
- Find deleted PST files from Windows PC and external hard drives.
- It’s friendly for users. With the built-in navigation, you can use the file recovery software easily.
Step by step Guide for How to Retrieve Deleted PST Files in Outlook 2010/2016/2019/2013
- Get the deleted PST file recovery software on your computer.
- Select a location to scan
- Preview and Recover PST Files
Install it. It’s a standalone tool, besides the software itself, no other parts required to install. It’s fully compatible with Windows PC. Feel free to install it on your computer.
Launch the PST data recovery software. After then, directly select the hard drive from where you have deleted the PST files. If you have lost the PST files in an external hard drive, you should connect the external hard drive with your computer. After then, click the "Scan" button beside the hard drive to start scanning the hard drive to retrieve deleted PST files. Please note if you installed the Outlook software on your computer by default, then the deleted PST files must belong to Drive C. Then you just select drive C.
It takes a while for the data recovery software to look for the deleted PST files for you. After then, you can see the found file categories as well as corresponding files. Select the found PST files, save them on your computer again.
If the data recovery software haven’t found the deleted PST files for you, then please try the Ultra Scan in the result window. It will scan deeper and carefully for the PST files for you.
After successfully recovering the deleted PST files, you must want to import them to your Outlook right? It’s easy.
- 1. Launch Outlook. From the "File" menu, select "Open & Export" > "Import/Export" > "Import from another program or file" > "Open Outlook Data File".
- 2. Locate the PST files, import them to your Outlook. That’s it! After then, you can check out the emails, events, calendars, or contacts in Outlook.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted PST Files from PC Manually
If you have enabled the File History on your Windows PC, and which is automatically enabled for some branded Windows PC, you can try your luck to recover deleted PST files from the previous version. Here are the steps.
- Locate the PST files folder. It’s in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Outlook Files.
- Right-click on the folder Outlook Files, select "Restore Previous Versions" > navigate to the "Previous Versions" tab > select one of the previous versions according to the TimeLine to get the previous PST files.
My suggestion to clean up a computer is not to delete files regularly. You can put the unwanted files into a folder and compress them as zip or rar file. It saves storage and keeps your files safe.