"How do I recover deleted files from Seagate external hard drive? All the deleted files just gone and I can’t cancel the deletion. Is there any way to restore files from Seagate external disk? Please help."
After deleting files on Seagate external hard drive, just like what the above user said you can’t see the deleted files nowhere, neither in the recycle bin or any folder on the hard drive. If you’re luck, you can try Ctrl + Z shortcut to cancel the last action on your computer. However, deleting files on Seagate external hard drive is not the last action on your computer, then you can’t find files from Seagate external hard drive. In this case, you can try the two option below to recover deleted files from Seagate external hard drive.
Option 1. Restore Files from Seagate external hard drive with Seagate Rescue Service
If you’re using Seagate Backup Plus hard drive and it’s still under warranty, then you’re very like have a Seagate Rescue Plan. In this case, you can retrieve deleted files from Seagate external hard drive by using this service. Just contact the Seagate service, ask them how to get back deleted files from Seagate external hard drive and they will do it for you. After then, they will help you get back the deleted files from Seagate external hard drive, sending them to you via cloud storage or a new external hard drive.
Option 2. Recover Deleted Files from Seagate External Hard Drive by Using Data Recovery Software
Since we have mentioned that you can’t see the deleted files on Seagate external hard drive anywhere, then you can’t do the Seagate deleted file recovery manually. In this case, a data recovery tool is a must for it. It is developed for users to rescue data lost or deleted on computer and external hard drives, decreasing the data loss issues. Among the Seagate external hard drive recovery tools you can download online, iBatsoft Data Recovery is the best tool fully recommend for you.
Your Powerfully Seagate External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
- The trial version is totally free to scan Seagate external hard drive, displaying the recoverable files, telling you whether you can successfully recover deleted files on Seagate external hard drive or not.
- It works on both Windows PC and Mac, where you can connect your Seagate external hard drive.
- Two scan modes: Quick Scan ensures quick to retrieve files from seagate external hard drive, prevent data overwritten issue and Ultra Scan to recover every possible file.
Guide to restore deleted files from Seagate external hard drive
- Install Data Recovery Software for Seagate Hard Drive
- Scan Seagate External Hard Disk
- Find Deleted Files on Seagate Hard Drive
Click the DOWNLAOD button to get the free trial version of the data recovery software. It has versions both for Windows PC and Mac. After then install it on your computer. Next, connect your Seagate external hard drive with your computer. It will appear on your computer as an external hard drive.
Launch the software and you can see your Seagate external hard drive appears in the left panel drive list. Click the "Scan" button beside it to begin the scanning process.
When the scanning process is finished, you can see all found files. Filter the target files by selecting file types in the left panel. After then, check the details of the found files. When find the files you want to recover from Seagate external hard drive, select them and click "Save" to restore them.
You can also try the "Ultra Scan" option in the result window to scan Seagate hard drive again to find more recoverable files.
Tips: if there is an error for Seagate hard drive, making it impossible to access to the files, what to do?
There are many reasons that cause inaccessible to Seagate hard drive, like it becomes raw, virus attacked, or file system errors. No matter what it is, follow the steps below to fix it.
Step 1. Run CHKDSK to Fix Seagate Hard Drive
- Click Start button at the bottom left and type cmd in the search box.
- Launch the Command software.
- Type chkdsk D:/f (replace D with the drive letter for Seagate hard drive) and press Enter.
- After then, try to access the Seagate hard drive.
Step 2. Reinstall/Update the Driver for Seagate Hard Drive
- Right-click on My Computer > select Manage > Device Manager.
- Double-click Disk Drivers and right-click on the Seagate hard drive. Click Update Driver Click OK.
- Quit Seagate hard drive and restart computer.
- Reconnect Seagate hard drive and check out whether the problem is fixed or not.
Step 3. Format Seagate Hard Drive
It’s the last try to fix problem on Seagate hard drive and it’s a great way to fix problem there.
- Connect the Seagate hard drive with your computer.
- Right-click on it and select Format.
- Confirm the formatting operating and wait patiently for it to finish.