There are various reasons that can cause pictures lost from USB flash drives, accidental deletion, virus attack, improper operation on USB flash drive, USB flash drive formatting, etc. It’s depressing when you lost the photos. They might represent a great memory. Actually, no matter what cause the photos lost from a USB flash drive, you can recover photos from USB flash drive.
Where are the deleted photos from the USB flash drive?
No matter how you deleted the photos from a USB flash drive, the photos are still there. The space for the photos is marked as available for new data. The Photos are hidden in the USB flash drive as they have disappeared permanently. Only with the right tools or methods, you can get back deleted photos on USB.
How to Restore Deleted Photos from USB Flash Drive with Data Recovery Software
The best and most efficient way to recover deleted photos from a USB flash drive is using recovery tool. iBatsoft Data Recovery is a professional and reliable tool for data recovery from USB flash drive.
Your Powerfully USB Flash Drive Photo Recovery Software
- Supports photos in different file formats, including PNG, JPG, .GIF, and more, covering all the most widely used image formats.
- Retrieve photos from USB flash drive, no matter for what reason it is to cause the photos lost, like deletion, USB flash drive formatting, photos lost during transferring process, etc. over 500+ data loss scenarios.
- Fully supports all branded USB flash drives, SanDisk, Kingston, PNY, Corsair, Samsung. No matter from which USB flash drive you have lost or deleted photos, if it can be regarded as an external hard drive on your computer, the USB recovery software can scan it for the lost photos.
Download the data recovery software to recover deleted files from USB flash drive on Mac or Windows PC now!
- Connect USB Flash Drive with Your Computer
- Download and install iBatsoft Data Recovery
- Scan USB Flash Drive for Deleted Pictures
- Recover Photos on USB Flash Drive
Connect your USB flash drive with your computer, making sure it is recognized by your computer as an external hard drive. If there is a problem for your computer to recognize the USB flash drive, you should fix the problem at first.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to get iBatsoft Data Recovery for Mac or Windows installation according to your computer operating system. After then, install it. The free trial version will scan the USB flash drive, listing all the recoverable files for you. You can preview the found files before recovering them.
Hover over the mouse to the left side hard drive list. Besides the USB flash drive, click "Scan". It will lead the software to scan the USB flash drive, looking for the lost, deleted, and hidden pictures.
It might take longer for the software to scan the whole USB flash drive, looking for recoverable files. Be patient until it finishes the scan. After then, you can see the found recoverable files. From the second panel on the left side, you can filter to preview the recoverable photos. If there is no problem, select the needed photos and click "Save" to save them on your PC.
The default scanning is Quick Scan, which only looks for deleted files. You can try the "Ultra Scan" in the result window. It will scan the USB flash drive again, finding both missing, deleted, and hidden photos from the USB flash drive for you.
How to Retrieve Deleted Photos from USB Flash Drive by Restoring from Previous Version
For Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7, the operating system has a feature name as "Previous Version" which will lead you to the previous version of a folder or file. You can try your luck to use it to restore deleted photos from USB flash drive as well.
- Connect your drive to computer.
- Right-click on the USB drive and open it.
- Navigate to the folder where photos are deleted and right-click on it, select "Restore previous version".
- Select the version you need and click Open to preview whether they are the photos you need. If yes, select them and click "Restore" to save them.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from USB Flash Drive with CMD
Command line/prompt is used to find files on Windows PC by Windows users. You can also try it to get back deleted photos from a USB flash drive.
- Connect your flash drive with your pc.
- Press the "Windows + R" button, then type cmd in the search box and press Enter.
- Type "chkdsk E: /f" and press Enter.
- Type "ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D E:*.*"
here the letter E represents the hard drive letter for the USB flash drive
When the recovery is finished, you can see a new folder is created in the USB flash drive. All the recovered files are put into it as well. They might be in CHK format. You need to rename them for use.
Frequently Asked Questions for USB Flash Drive Photo Recovery
Where do deleted USB files go?
The deleted USB files are still in the USB flash drive. They’re invisible. Only with data recovery software scan, you can see them.
How can I recover deleted files from my USB for free?
iBatsoft Data Recovery software free trial version only displays the recoverable files from USB. To get them back, you need to upgrade the free trial version to the full version.
How can I recover permanently deleted files from a flash drive without software?
Unless you have a backup file that contains all the deleted files from a flash drive, then you can recover them without software. Otherwise, data recovery software is a must to restore permanently deleted files from a flash drive.