"How do I recover deleted files on my laptop? While cleaning up my hard drive, I accidentally deleted a folder which contains some important pictures and documents."
There are many situations that people delete files on HP laptop. Compared with other types of PC, it’s much easier to recover deleted files on a HP laptop since there are HP Recovery Manager can help. Here in the following, 4 steps for how to get back deleted files on HP laptop are covered. You can follow the steps one by one or choose any step for help since I put them all together to help users solve the question of how to find deleted files on HP laptop.
Step 1. Check Recycle Bin to Restore Deleted Files on HP Laptop
The first try for how to retrieve deleted files from HP laptop is checking files saved in recycle bin. Recycle bin is the default place for an HP laptop to save deleted files temporarily. If you haven’t emptied recycle bin, all the deleted files will be there before they’re permanently deleted for a period.
- Double-click to open the recycle bin. After then you can see all the recently deleted files are there.
- Find the deleted files you need and select them with Ctrl & click to select.
- Right-click and select "Restore".
You can see you’ve gotten back deleted files on HP laptop by restoring them to the original folder.
Step 2. Use HP Recovery Manager to Restore Deleted Files from a Backup on HP Laptop
If you have backed up your HP laptop with HP Recovery Manager, then it becomes much easier to restore deleted items from HP laptop. You can find the target files with a backup file.
- First please make sure where you have created the backup file, on your computer internal hard drive or an external hard drive.
- Locate the backup folder which is named as named MINWINPC.
- Open the folder and find the backup.exe file.
- Double-click the backup.exe and follow the built-in navigation.
- When a message showing the location to which the files be restored C:\System Recovery Files. A shortcut to this file location is also created on your desktop. When it finished, you can check the restored HP files by accessing the folder with the shortcut.
Step 3. Retrieve Deleted Files on HP Laptop with HP Backup and Recovery Manager
If you have backed up HP laptop with HP Backup & Recovery Manager, then do this:
- Click the Start button, type in HP Backup, find and select HP Backup & Recovery Manager.
- Click Expert Mode > Recover files of most common locations and types (Recommended).
- After then, browse to locate the backup location, select Backup.exe.
- Click to open Backup.exe and follow the built-in navigation.
Step 4. Restore Deleted Files on HP Laptop with Microsoft’s Backup and Restore Feature
Another way for how to recover deleted items from HP laptop is by restoring the backup files with Microsoft Windows built-in feature if you have used it to do backup.
- Type in "Control Panel" in the start box.
- Select and find Control Panel > find Backup and Restore feature
- Find the option "Restore my files" and follow the built-in guide to finishing the whole process.
Please note that if you find your HP laptop to recover deleted files, it will overwrite the whole system with the previous files in the backup, which might cause current data loss. Fully recommend you try the method mentioned in step 5.
Step 5. Recover Permanently Deleted Files on HP Laptop with Data Recovery software
If you don’t see any target files in recycle bin or haven’t had any backup file, the only available way for how to retrieve permanently deleted files on HP laptop is using data recovery software – iBatsoft Data Recovery, a professional data recovery software specially designed for users to get lost or deleted files back on HP laptop internal hard drive or external hard drive.
- Free download the software and install it on your HP laptop. It’s fully compatible with all versions of Windows OS. Feel free to use it.
- Launch the software and select the drive from where you have deleted files. After then, click "Scan". It will start the scanning process right away
- When the scan is finished, you can see all found deleted files from HP laptop. Select files to preview. When finding the deleted files on your HP laptop, select them, and click "Save" to save them on your laptop. That’s how to most powerful way to recover deleted files from HP Laptop.
If the default scan mode does not find all deleted files on HP laptop for you, try the "Ultra Scan" in the result window. It will scan your HP laptop again, finding more files for you. Why not try the software right now!