Microsoft corporation has added several new features in Windows 11 that really got the intentions of Windows users. The new interface looks like Mac’s interface, Microsoft teams are integrated by default, Xbox tech is added for better gaming, multitasking, virtual desktop, new Microsoft Store, and snap layouts have been added and improved a lot. Want to experience? Let’s learn how to get Windows 11 update on Windows 10.
Part 1. How to Get Windows 11 Update on Windows 10
The very first thing you should do if you are planning to update Windows 10 to 11 version is to check does your PC is eligible for Windows 11. If you are a registered user of Windows 10 then you probably can easily update to Windows 11 as you did to Windows 10 but your device should support the requirements of Windows 11. If you are interested in upgrading your Windows 10 to Windows 11, then this article contains all the guides on how to get Windows 11 updates on Windows 10. Follow the step-by-step guide given below.
- The very first thing that is needed is you should be running a registered version of Windows 10 and you have all the administrative privileges. Second, you needed to be a part of the Windows insider program, if you haven’t joined it yet you can register it quickly. Later sign in to your Windows insider account and click on Start fighting.
- Visit Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and click on Get Started.
- Click on Pick an account to get started and choose + to connect with Microsoft Account associated with you.
- There are different experiences and channels that you can get insider Preview builds such as:
- Dev Channels for Developers.
- Beta Channel for Early Adopters.
- Release view for people eagerly waiting for the latest versions.
The next is the same as you had experienced while upgrading to Windows 10 from the earlier versions of Microsoft Windows, just wait and sit calm.
Part 2. How to Recover Lost Data After Windows 11 Update
If you somehow end up losing your data while upgrading to Windows 11, there’s nothing to worry about and we will take care of this and will also guide you on how to recover data after on Windows 11 update for Windows 10. You will learn two methods to get this task completed, let’s get started with the first one.
Method 1. Restore Lost Data from Backup
In this method, the backup will be used to restore the deleted data on your computer. But it’s important to note that only those who have created their backups will be able to get benefit from this method.
- Open Settings by clicking on the start button or you can directly open the Settings by hitting the Windows button on the keyboard and later click on Settings.
- In Settings look for the options "Update & Security" and "Backup".
- Choose "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" and click Restore My Files and further follow all the instructions that you will see. This will bring back all your files that are found in the backup and you are good to go.
Method 2. Use Windows 11 Data Recovery Software to Recover Files
This is a perfect solution for those who don’t have a backup of their Windows. We all know not many of us create regular backups and that’s why this method is a star of hope for such users. You don’t need any backup file in this method as the data recovery tool will recover all the lost files on your computer. We will use iBatsoft Data Recovery as it has amazing performance and efficiency. If you are looking for how to get Windows 11 update on Windows 10 and after doing that you have lost your data, iBatsoft is the best-recommended tool that can help you in such a data loss scenario. Here’s a list of some of its prominent features.
Your Powerfully File Recovery Software for Windows 11
- Recover files after the wrong operation.
- Supports a wide range of data formats whether it’s audio, video, pictures, and documents.
- Supports all the versions of Windows including the latest Windows 11 as well.
- Easily scan specific locations such as a specific folder or specific drives internal or external.
- Recover data from folders having a large number of files.
Step by Step Guide on Recovering Data Using iBatsoft Data Recovery
If the last method wasn’t helpful for you, then you should try this to get your data back right now.
Click on the Download button to directly download the iBatsoft .exe file on your computer and it’s fully compatible with the Windows 11 version. Double click on it and follow the instruction to install it on your computer.
On successful installation, launch the iBatsoft on your computer. Choose the location where the files were before losing after Windows 11 update. Click the "Scan" button right beside the hard drive or partition of the disk.
The scanning process is often time taking as it does have to scan all the sectors of the drive to find the deleted files and that’s why you have to be patient here until the scan gets completed. On completing the scan all the files that are recovered during the scan will be sorted out according to their file type and further into data types. You can choose any of them and choose a location on the local drive where you want to save them. Here you have to keep one thing in mind that the saving location shouldn’t be the same as the location from where you have found the files. This is because it’s a bad practice and it affects the data recovery quality.
Microsoft has introduced many useful features in Windows 11 that didn’t exist in the earlier versions of Windows. If you looking at how to get Windows 11 updates on Windows 10, the complete guide is in this article. During the updating, if you face any data recovery scenario, the best data recovery software for Windows 11 recommended for that is iBatsoft data recovery.