Data is an important and valuable asset for each individual and organization. Data is everywhere whether it’s personal or financial matters. It is stored on digital storage devices such as hard drives, USB flash drives, memory cards, or digital cameras. If you don’t pay proper attention and care toward your data storage devices there are high chances that your data will be deleted eventually or accidentally. If you are using Windows 10, there are many factors that can cause data deletion such as sudden power failure, OS crash, accidental deletion, or many other reasons. But now with the help of a free data recovery app for Windows 10, you can recover deleted data.
Losing important data from your computer can be very stressful and a headache if you don’t know anything about how to recover data from Windows 10. Data recovery tools are very helpful in scenarios that a user may face. We have reviewed best free data recovery tools for Windows 10 that makes it effortless to recover deleted files from hard drives, SD cards, UBS flash drives and another kind of data storage drives. We will list here the top 10 free file recovery for Windows 10.
1. iBeesoft Free Data Recovery for Windows
iBeesoft Free Data Recovery tool is a big name when it’s about free data recovery for Windows 10. It’s in one and 100% safe data recovery tool that’s being used by millions of users around the globe to recover their deleted or lost files and folders from SSD/HDD, Raw drives, USB drivers, SD cards, from smartphones many other data storage devices as well. It doesn’t matter how the files were deleted on your computer, iBeesoft will recover files with ease.
It’s easy to use and you don’t need to learn anything, just a simple process consisting of 3 steps will retrieve your deleted/removed files and folders from your computer’s hard drive. It supports the recovery of almost all file formats that are used by computers such as videos, pictures, audio files, documents, archives, and other data types. Let’s know about its amazing features:
- iBeesoft Free Data Recovery Tool Features
- Recover data from hard drivers, external hard drivers, USB drivers, memory cards, and other data storage drives.
- Recover files that were deleted or lost during the partition and it supports raw driver recovery.
- Easily recover files deleted due to virus attack, hardware/software crash, or reinstallation of windows.
- It uses the latest deep scanning technologies that ensure the highest data recovery rate.
- Preview data before saving it on your computer and it saves a lot of time and space on the drive.
- Advantages of iBeesoft Data Recovery Software
- It supports all versions of Microsoft Windows such as Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
- It’s available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Get free access and recover free 2GB of free data on your computer.
- Offers 60 days money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results.
- The free data recovery Windows 10 software offers limited features and you have to pay for full features.
- Gets slower sometimes while running in "Ultimate Scan" mode.
2. Recuva Data Recover Tool for Windows 10
Recuva is one of the fines Windows data recovery software free and it has the capability to restore and retrieve deleted and lost files/folders from hard drivers, external drives, and memory cards. It’s well known due to its performance in recovering data from hard drives and recovering deleted and lost photos. Besides these options, it offers advanced file recovery as well.
- Features of Recuva Data Recovery
- Offers advanced deep scan mode.
- Easily recover files deleted from damaged and newly formatted drive.
- Supports both NTFS and FAT file systems.
- Offers preview before finishing the data recovery process.
- Advantages of Recuva
- Easy to use for everyone.
- Inexpensive and free data recovery software for Windows 10.
- Need to buy a license if you are using it for business purposes and for getting advanced features.
- Support is only available in the professional version.
- It was last updated in 2016.
3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
Recovering deleted files using EaseUS data recovery is just a matter of few clicks and you will be headed straight toward your lost files and folders. The user interface is similar to the user interface of Windows Explorer and it’s comfortable to use for most Windows users. You can recover deleted files from memory cards, hard drives, optical drivers, and many other storage devices that one can use on Windows 10, 8, and 7.
- Features of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free
- The friendly and easy-to-use user interface for Windows users.
- Recover data from iOS, Android, and Windows devices.
- Works very well on both Mac OS and Microsoft Windows latest versions.
- Backup the scan results to reuse it again without scanning the drive again.
- Sort file by file type, date, and name accordingly.
- Enable you to preview the files before retrieving them.
- It’s doesn’t offer a portable version.
- In the free version, only 2GB of data can be recovered.
4. Glary Undelete
It’s an amazing free data recovery tool program for Windows 10. The user interface is very friendly and easy to understand for normal users as well. It has the capability to retrieve files and folders from Windows 10, USB drives, removable storage devices, and other digital media storage devices that are compatible with Windows. It works efficiently on all versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Features of Glary Undelete
- One can easily recover data that was removed or lost from portable storage drives including the computer’s own hard drive.
- Easy to use and no technical knowledge is required.
- Preview the files and folders before restoring them back to your local drive.
- Advantages of Glary Undelete
- The installation and downloading are very easy its file size is very small.
- Easily view the list of deleted files.
- It let the user know whether the file would be able to recover fully or not.
- You can’t use it without installing it as it doesn’t offer a portable version.
- There’s no update for a long time by the provider.
- The installation may install other programs with Gary Undeletes installation.
5. Wise Data Recovery
It's another free data recovery program Windows 10 that can be used easily. Its installation process is very quick and the scan will be completed within few minutes to find out all the deleted files or folders. It has other options to scan portable data storage drives such as USB flash drivers and memory cards. It offers both quick and deep scan modes.
- Features of Wise Data Recovery
- Quickly scans for the deleted files on Windows 10.
- Offers two modes for the essence of users to recover deleted files.
- Can be used without installation.
- Advantages of Wise Data Recovery
- It works with all the latest and previous versions of Microsoft Windows.
- Easily scan portable drives for quick file recovery.
- You won’t get the original folder structure while recovering the data.
- It only works on Windows computers.
6. Disk Drill
Disk Drill can a good choice for you if you are looking for a free data recovery app for Windows to recover 500MB of data. There are other features available that can be only used when you switch to a paid version. Recover any type of deleted files in Windows 10 such as images, documents, and videos, etc.
- Features of Disk Drill
- Crate fee byte-level backup of your storage drive.
- Get free data protection with a recovery vault.
- Preview the files before restoring them.
- Advantages of Disk Drill
- Easily display all the storage on your computer even the unallocated space as well.
- Comes with a search bar.
- Recover folders with their original names.
- Preview, quick scan, and deep scan mode are available.
- You can only recover 500MB of data in the free data recovery software Windows 10 edition.
- You won’t know the quality of files and their condition in scan results.
7. Stellar Data Recovery
Stellar Data Recovery is a free file recovery Windows 10 tool that allows users to recover files and folders deleted or lost due to emptied recycle bin, power breakdown of computer, hardware failure, or other data loss situations. It offers a good data recovery rate and can be used on both Windows and Mac.
- Features of Stellar Data Recovery
- It’s good for newcomers and non-technical users to recover lost data.
- Available in 7 languages all around the world.
- It’s updated regularly and support is offered by technical staff.
- Advantages of Stellar Data Recovery
- Easily recover data from any Windows storage media.
- Recover data from unbootable computers and crashed computers.
- Supports a variety of file formats that are commonly used all around the world.
- Office documents may not able to recover sometimes.
- The free version only recovers 1GB of data and buys the full version for premium features.
8. iCare Data Recovery
If you haven’t used iCare free data recovery software for Windows 10/8/7, then you should know that iCare data recovery offers two scanning options one that’s a quick scan mode and the other one is deep scan. The deep scan takes a longer time as compared to a quick scan and it’s more likely to recover more files.
- Features of iCare Data Recovery
- Preview all the text files and images before restoring them.
- Browse deleted folders thumbnail to see which files you want to recover.
- It’s available in a portable version to use.
- Advantages of iCare Data Recovery
- Supports a lot of file types and formats.
- Preview files before making a final decision to restore them.
- Easily navigate through the scanned results list.
- Available for only Windows users.
- Doesn’t offer to resume or pausing option.
- UI looks outdated.
9. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool power data recovery isn’t like other free portable data recovery tools for Windows 10 and you will have to install it before using it on your computer. But there are chances if that the data will be overwritten if you installed it on the same driver that you are going to recover data. It allows you to search files, recover more than one folder at a time, and sort files.
- Features of MiniTool Power Data Recovery
- The free data recovery program Windows 10 offers deep scan in mode.
- Recover files in SSDs, memory cards, and hard drives.
- The free data recovery tool for Windows 10 supports recovering 100+ types of files.
- Advantages of MiniTool Power Data Recovery
- Recover more than one file at a time.
- Can pause the scan and resume it as well.
- The free version only recovers 1GB of data.
- Doesn’t offer a portable version.
10. Pandora Recovery
It’s a reliable and effective free data recovery program for Windows 10 that’s used to retrieve deleted files and folders. It offers fast scanning and recovery of all file formats using the latest scan algorithms. There are several functions in this software such as Deep Scan, Quick Scan, and Lost Partition.
- Features of Pandora Recovery
- Reliable file recovery and get comprehensive filters.
- Recover any file and its UI is very friendly.
- Surface scans allow you to recover data from drivers that were formatted.
- Advantages of Pandora Recovery
- Retrieve lost files conveniently and quickly.
- Powerful and advanced modes like lost partition, deep scan, and quick scan, etc.
- It asks you to install a browser toolbar while installation and it’s irritating.
- The free file recovery Windows 10 program doesn’t offer any portable version.
If you are Windows 10 user and recently lost important files, then you can choose a fee data recovery program Windows 10 to get your files and folders back.