In Windows PC whenever a user accidentally deletes a file or folder, it can easily be restored from Recycle Bin. This lets you feel peace of mind that all your important files are safe and accidental deletion won’t end up in disaster. But it has been observed, many users faced deleted items not showing up in Recycle bin. If you ever came across this problem, here are few ways to overcome this.
Way #1. Try Not to Use Shift + Delete Key for Deleting Files
Who doesn’t want to remove unnecessary files and folders from their computer to utilize the free space? But what if you delete accidentally important files? Windows allow users to get back their deleted files from Recycle Bin.
But deleting the files using the Shift + Delete key won’t let the files go into Recycle Bin. This is why it’s not recommended to use Shift + Delete for instantly deleting the files
Way #2. Change Don't Move Files to Recycle Bin Option in Windows
An option exists in Windows which won’t let the files be stored in the Recycle Bin and will suddenly delete the files permanently as you hit the delete option. You can select or deselect this option. If you want safety for your data, then make sure this option isn’t selected. If you want to know how to fix deleted files not showing up in Recycle Bin, you should check this option first.
- Right-click on Recycle Bin and choose properties.
- Deselect the option "Don’t move files to the Recycle bin. Remove files immediately when deleted" and hit the OK button.
If you have deleted any file or folder and deleted files not appearing in Recycle Bin Windows 10, there are slight chances that files might be hidden in the Recycle Bin. We can use three ways to solve can’t find deleted files in Recycle Bin Windows 10. Let’s start:
Way #3. Show Hidden Files Using Control Panel in Windows 10
Windows by default don’t show some important files to the users but with the help of the control panel.
- On Windows 10 you can easily reach Control Panel by clicking on typing "control panel" in the search button of Windows that appears on the taskbar.
- A list of all the settings will appear and here you have to look for "Folder Explorer Options" and click on it.
- You have to look for two options these are "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" if it’s not enabled, enable it. The other option is unchecking "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)". These two options can view all the hidden files wherever they are.
Way #4. Show Hidden Files in the Recycle Bin
The other way to solve deleted files not showing up in the Recycle bin is to change the settings in Recycle Bin. let’s look at the below guide:
- Open Recycle bin on your computer and click on the "View" tab appearing on the top.
- Look for the option "Hidden items" and verify whether it’s checked or uncheck, if it’s checked that means files are hidden and you have to uncheck it to show the files.
If there were any hidden files, they will suddenly appear in Recycle Bin.
Way #5. Adjust the Storage Capacity of Recycle Bin
This is the maximum size of a deleted file that can be stored in Recycle Bin. If any file that’s greater than the size of this allotted size of Recycle Bin, it won’t be moved to Recycle bin. So, it’s recommended to increase this allotted size of you handling such data that’s take a lot of space.
Way #6. Reset Recycle Bin
If deleted items not showing up Recycle Bin, there is a chance of the System Folder might be corrupt. Well, it’s not rocket science to repair the System Folder and you can easily do it by resetting the Recycle Bin as given below:
- Type "CMD" on the task bar’s search icon and hit enter.
- Click on the command prompt and Run as Administrator.
- In the command prompt type "rd/s /q C:$Recycle.bin" and hit the enter. Now exit the command prompt and restart your computer.
Way #7. Recover Deleted Files Not in Recycle Bin
This is the most reliable and trustworthy solution that helps a user in Windows to restore deleted files in Recycle bin. We don’t use any kind of built-in method as it depends on a third-party tool that is known as a data recovery tool. iBatsoft Data Recovery is one of the most efficient file recovery tools that customers have been using for years. These tools are designed in such a way that they scan the drive and find out the logical links to the deleted data. Whether the data was deleted using Shift + Delete doesn’t matter, the will recover permanently deleted files in windows 10, 11, 8, and 7 safely. Here are some of its features listed:
Your Best Data Recovery Software
- 2 scan modes for a quick scan and for better results deep scan.
- Preview the files before saving them to your local drive.
- Get back files from emptied Recycle Bin.
- Supports 500 file types including photos, video, audio, emails, documents, and many more.
- Recover data deleted in a lot of scenarios such as formatted drive, hardware failure, and others.
Step by Step Guide How to Restore Deleted Files Not in Recycle Bin
- Download the setup of iBatsoft Data Recovery and install it according to the built-in navigation. Once installed, run it on your computer.
- The next step is to choose the partition from which you deleted the files and click on the "Scan" button Wait till the scanning process gets completed. This can take up to hours if the drive is too large or can be completed within few minutes if it’s less in size.
- This step comes after the scanning process is done. All the files that are recovered from your selected partition will be categorized according to their file type. You can select the files to preview them and later you can save them to your desired path. After choosing a file, click on the "Save" button and it will be saved on your computer's drive.
It’s recommended not to save the files on the same drive or partition from where they have been deleted because according to data recovery experts this reduces the chances of safe data recover and can result in lower rate in success.
If you Can’t find deleted files in Recycle bin Windows 10, any of the solutions that are described above might help you. But the most effective and reliable one is using the best data recovery software for Windows 11, 10, 7, and more. This method can fix deleted items not showing up in Recycle bin within few minutes. It’s suggested to give it a try once.